Recruiting foreign teachers, 31 common questions
在华工作的外国专家，聘请单位大多为他们指定医院就诊。如指定医院认为需要转院，或 专家所患疾病需去专科医院治疗，经聘请单位同意，去非指定医院治疗的医药费可按规定报 销。如果专家本人未经指定医院或聘请单位同意，自行到其他医院就诊其医药费一般不予报销。
外国专家和外籍工作人员在其国内进行体格检查，或者由于条件限制未在本国检查，而入 境后在我卫生专业机构进行体检(包括《外国人体格检查记录》的所有的项目)的费用均由其自理。如因我方原因造成受聘方未能按要求提供健康检查证明，入境后的体检费用应由聘 方担负。
(2)外国文教专家可按其国籍和信仰相应享受下列节日休假：圣诞节两天；古尔邦节 3 天，开斋节 1 天；泼水节 1 天。
(3)外国文教专家如要求过本国国庆节，可同意放假 1 天。
1. Who are foreign cultural and educational experts and foreign teachers?
Foreign cultural and educational experts refer to foreign professionals who come to China to work in education, science and technology, press and publishing, culture, art, sports, science, economics, management, commerce, accounting, taxation, finance, and law. Should have a bachelor’s degree or above, and more than two years of work experience.
2.How long does it usually take to recruit foreign teachers?
Because foreigners are accustomed to planning in advance, foreign teachers need to complete some necessary procedures and preparations for their lives. It is best for recruiting units to start recruiting foreign teachers more than 2-3 months in advance.
3. What are the conditions for employing units to recruit foreign teachers?
The hiring unit must first have a license to apply for foreign teachers to China, that is, it has obtained the “Certificate of Recognition of Employment of Foreign Cultural and Educational Experts” issued by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs. After obtaining this recognition certificate, it is convenient for foreign teachers to apply for a visa to China.
4. What kind of treatment should foreign employers provide to employers?
Generally, if a school employs a foreign teacher for one year, the school shall provide international and domestic transportation costs for the foreign teacher and free accommodation.
If a foreign teacher is hired for one semester, the school shall provide one-way international and domestic transportation costs and free accommodation for the foreign teacher.
5.What is the monthly salary standard for foreign cultural and educational experts?
According to 2000, the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs and the Ministry of Finance handled the “Notice on Adjusting Salaries of Foreign Cultural and Educational Experts” in the spirit. For details, please refer to the salary standard of the foreign cultural and educational experts. The wages agreed by the two parties. The current market price should be 4-5 times or higher in 2000! In 2000, the salary standard for foreign cultural and educational experts was revised by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs and the Ministry of Finance (RMB)
The first category: teachers from colleges and universities with a bachelor’s degree and more than two years of work experience, or middle school teachers with more than 3 years of teaching experience: RMB 2200-3300
The second category: assistant professors, lecturers in high schools, or middle school teachers with a master’s degree and more than 5 years of teaching experience, and professionals with corresponding titles and professional levels: RMB 3300-4600
The third category: professors and associate professors in colleges and universities, or senior lecturers in the Commonwealth countries, and professionals with corresponding titles and professional levels: RMB 4,600-6,000, which can be heavy for key talents that are urgently needed and difficult to hire in China Recruitment.
6.Which agencies are responsible for managing the work of foreign experts?
The State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs of China is the central government function for China to manage foreign work in China. Provincial, district, and municipal foreign affairs offices and local foreign expert bureaus are local government functional departments and service departments that manage the work of local foreign experts in China. The local competent authorities involved in the management of foreign cultural and educational experts include the local government foreign affairs office, the education department (committee, bureau), and the public security department.
7.Which agencies are responsible for issuing confirmations of hiring foreign experts?
The State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, the Foreign Affairs Offices of the provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities directly under the Central Government, and the ministries, commissions, institutions, institutions, and professional corporations’ international cooperation divisions (foreign affairs divisions) of the State Council have issued confirmations to foreign experts who come to work in the region or department , No other department has the right to issue.
8.How to master foreign cultural and educational experts and their international travel expenses?
(1) The Employer provides a short-cut round-trip air ticket to the foreign spouse and a 12-year-old child who come to China for a period of more than one year (1 academic year) and their colleagues who come to China and live with the Employer during the period.
(2) Foreign cultural and educational experts who are employed for half a year (one semester) can provide one-way international air tickets for the experts themselves.
(3) If there is a special agreement with the relevant departments and units in China, the agreement shall be handled.
9. How to implement our religious policy in the work of foreign experts?
China’s religious policy is that citizens enjoy freedom of religious belief, and the state protects normal religious activities.
Any religious group and religious affairs in China adhere to the principle of independence, autonomy, and self-management, and are not under the control and domination of foreign forces.
We do not interfere with the personal religious beliefs of foreign experts who come to work in China. They can go to religious places where I open to live as religious believers, but they are not allowed to preach in China. They must not develop religions or interfere in our country. Religious affairs.
10. How should foreign cultural and educational experts purchase air tickets to China?
Due to special circumstances, foreign experts who purchase their own air tickets to China should, in principle, repay their airfare fees in foreign exchange. If the experts agree, they can also repay in RMB.
11.What should foreign experts do for a long time due to illness?
If normal work cannot be resumed within 30 days, the employer has the right to terminate the contract. Generally, those who cannot be cured within a short period of time should be arranged to return home as soon as possible.
12.What should a foreign expert ask for a certain vaccine?
If a foreign expert asks for a vaccine, the local health department can provide it, and it can be given. And charge according to regulations. If the expert requests the injection of the blood product that comes with him, he should decline it and explain it well.
13. What are the costs for foreign experts who enjoy public medical care?
Registration, visits, dental implants, cosmetic procedures, spectacles, hospital meals and non-medical nourishing medicines are the responsibility of foreign experts.
14. Foreign experts see a doctor at a non-designated hospital. Can the medical expenses be reimbursed?
Most foreign experts working in China have hired units to see them at designated hospitals. If the designated hospital deems it necessary to transfer, or if the expert suffers from a disease and needs to go to a specialist hospital for treatment, the medical expenses for treatment at a non-designated hospital can be reimbursed in accordance with the regulations of the employing unit. If the expert himself does not have the consent of the designated hospital or employing unit, he will not be reimbursed for his medical expenses by going to other hospitals by himself.
15.Who should bear the cost of medical examination for foreign experts?
The cost of medical examinations performed by foreign experts and foreign staff in their home country, or in their home country due to conditions, and the medical examinations (including all items of the “Foreign Physical Examination Record”) at our health professional institutions after entry are It takes care of itself. If the hired party fails to provide the health check certificate due to our reasons, the medical examination expenses after entry shall be borne by the hired party.
16. When is the best time to sign a contract?
If the hired expert is abroad, a formal contract should be signed before the hired expert comes to China. If the hired expert is in China, a formal contract should be signed before the hired expert arrives.
17.What to do if one party asks to amend the contract?
If one of the parties requests to amend the original contract, the two parties must agree in writing to confirm the content of the amendments or additions and deletions. Until no agreement is reached, the original contract terms shall be implemented until the end of the contract period.
18. How long do foreign cultural and educational experts and foreign teachers work in China for a year?
How much is the leave subsidy? According to the “Provisions on the Living Treatment of Foreign Cultural and Educational Experts”, there is one month of vacation per year of work, and the employment period is more than half and less than one year of vacation for two weeks. If you work in a school, you can take vacations according to your institution’s winter and summer vacations (in general, foreign teachers enjoy the same treatment as experts). Wages are paid during the holidays.
19. What holiday vacations can foreign teachers enjoy while working in China?
(1) Foreign cultural and educational experts enjoy the following holidays in China: New Year’s Day, Chinese New Year, International Labor Day, National Day, and other holidays stipulated by national laws and regulations. Holidays are based on the holidays of Chinese employees in the unit.
(2) Foreign cultural and educational experts can enjoy the following holidays on the basis of their nationality and belief: two days on Christmas; three days on Gurban, one day on Eid; one day on Songkran.
(3) Foreign cultural and educational experts may agree to take a holiday for one day if they have requested their national holiday.
20. How is the teaching practice of foreign teachers arranged?
The legal working day in China is a 40-hour work week. They usually teach no less than 12 lessons per week, but they need to be differentiated according to the difficulty of different courses and content. Foreign language practice courses can be arranged around 16 hours, teaching language theory courses, literature courses, etc., can be reduced. In addition to classes, foreign experts also write, modify teaching materials, record, answer questions, and so on.
21. What should I do if a foreign teacher transfers a lesson or asks someone to substitute?
According to the “Supplementary Opinions on Strengthening the Management of Foreign Teachers’ Teaching” by the Ministry of Education, foreign teachers should strictly fulfill their contracts, not allow themselves to adjust lessons at will, or use the teaching time to travel and visit. In order to ensure the quality of teaching, foreign experts are generally not allowed to find substitutes without authorization. If there are special circumstances to find substitutes, the consent of the director or the director of the teaching and research office must be obtained in advance.
22. What about foreign teachers asking for leave or absenteeism?
Foreign experts and foreign teachers ask for leave, and the salary will be deducted on a daily basis after the employer agrees. For absentees, in addition to deducting wages on a daily basis, they must be severely criticized. If they are not taught repeatedly, they can be dismissed.
23. What are the forms of rewards for foreign teachers?
(1) Unit award: For foreign experts who have contributed to the work and made the unit obtain obvious economic or social benefits, they can issue a certificate of merit (granting an honorary title such as advanced worker or outstanding teacher) and a value of 1,000 in the name of the unit Memorial prizes under RMB.
(2) Provincial ministry awards: Foreign experts who have made greater contributions in the work, so that employers or departments (regions) can obtain significant economic or social benefits, can issue certificates in the name of the provincial government.
(3) Foreign Expert Friendship Award: For a few foreign experts who have made outstanding contributions in their work, the “Foreign Expert Friendship Award” will be awarded by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs. Those who have one of the following conditions: actively teach me new technologies, new processes, and new methods, solve key problems in technical management for me, or fill a gap, and obtain significant economic or social benefits. Contribute to the completion, commissioning and operation management of our construction projects. For our company’s technological progress, scientific and technological research made important suggestions and achieved significant economic benefits. Actively cultivate talents for me, donate instruments and equipment, books and materials of great value to me, and make outstanding contributions in teaching, scientific research, publishing, and foreign publicity. Friendly people from foreign official or non-governmental organizations that have contributed to the introduction of foreign intelligence. Award of “Friendship Medal” and Certificate of Honor.
(4) Foreign experts working in China who have obtained scientific research results that clarify natural phenomena, characteristics or laws are of great significance in the development of science and technology, or who have invented inventions, may follow the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Natural Science Awards And the provisions of the “People’s Republic of China Invention Award Regulations”.
24. What should I pay attention to when applying for a foreign expert certificate?
The employing unit should pay attention to the following issues when applying for work permits, foreigner residence permits, and medical certificates for foreign experts:
(1) For various certificates for experts, they must fill in a clear validity period, starting from what year and month to date. The medical certificate should be consistent with the contract period, and the validity of the foreigner’s residence permit and work permit cannot exceed the validity of the foreign expert’s passport.
(2) The various certificates issued by the employer to the expert shall be recovered in principle when the expert leaves the country and leaves the country. Some experts require that the work permit or school badge be left as a commemoration, which can be determined by the employing unit, but the medical certificate must be withdrawn. The foreigner’s residence permit or temporary residence permit shall be recovered by the port of departure.
(3) After the foreign expert is hired, the hiring unit shall re-apply for various certificates or extend the validity period of the original certificate in time to prevent the expert from encountering troubles due to holding expired certificates.
25. How to apply for a residence permit for foreign experts?
For experts who have been employed for one year or more, they should apply for a visa for more than one year and require them to undergo a comprehensive medical examination, including an AIDS test, before coming to China. After entering the country, the foreign body physical examination records of foreign experts are taken to the local health and quarantine department to obtain foreign body physical examination record verification certificates, and public security organs in various places issue foreigners residence permits based on the verification certificates and foreign expert certificates. Foreigners who do not have a medical examination and have been in China for less than one year can only receive a temporary residence permit.
26. What is the difference between a residence permit and a temporary residence permit for foreign experts?
According to the detailed implementation rules of the Foreigner’s Entry and Exit Administration Law formulated by the Ministry of Public Security, foreigners who have resided in China for more than one year must apply for a foreigner’s residence permit: a foreigner’s temporary residence permit can be applied for less than one year. The color of the foreign residence permit is dark green with a photo of the holder; the color of the foreign temporary residence permit is light green without a photo.
27. What should I do if there are changes in the items filled in the residence permit for foreign teachers?
The items filled in the foreigner’s residence permit include name, nationality, occupation or identity, work unit, address, passport number, etc. If any of the items are changed, they must register with the public security bureau of the place of residence within 10 days. Or do not register for change after the deadline.
28. How to apply for extension of visa or residence permit?
After the expiry of the visa or residence permit, you need to continue to stay or stay in China. Before the expiration, you must bring your valid passport, residence permit, and letter of employment to the Public Security Bureau to apply for an extension, and complete the application form for the extension of foreigner’s ID.
29. What documents do foreign teachers need to take when traveling?
What procedures do I need? Foreign experts need to bring a valid passport, residence permit, work permit and foreign expert ID when traveling. They travel to open areas without travel permits. If you are traveling to a city or county that is not open to foreigners, you must apply for a travel permit at the Public Security Bureau before your departure.
30. How to deal with strikes and strikes by foreign teachers?
The strikes and strikes against foreign experts must be made clear. Anyone who strikes, strikes, or uses various excuses for strikes will first be discouraged, and they will be severely criticized, pointing out that this is detrimental to the cooperative and working relationship between the two parties. For serious strikes, apart from serious criticism, it should be pointed out that this is unfriendly behavior, and wages may be withheld or even terminated if necessary.
31 How to look at the color of foreign teachers?
Usually to please teachers from Europe and the United States who want to use white skin for students and parents, in fact, education level and cultural quality have nothing to do with skin color.