Foreign teachers have ten irreplaceable roles than Chinese teachers
As a global language, English has a universally recognized status in international communication. Our country attaches great importance to English education. From the beginning of elementary school, English has been used as a main subject. Until the college entrance examination, English is the most important subject. Liberal arts students cannot ignore the impact of English on their lives. Even after joining the job, the requirements for English promotion are inevitable. Therefore, the status of English in China is important and cannot be increased.
Although English has such an important status, the effect of English education in China for decades is not obvious, especially the stigmatizing “dumb English” has long plagued the English education community. Even today, there is no very effective panacea. .
Since about 2000, with China’s accession to the WTO, economic exchanges with the world have deepened, and some powerful primary and secondary schools in China have begun to try to introduce foreign teachers to participate in English classroom teaching. Since then, more and more primary and secondary schools, training institutions and even kindergartens have participated in the torrent of introducing foreign teachers for English teaching. A mighty army of foreign teachers has been active in lecture halls around China, giving English to China. Teaching has brought new vitality and vitality, and set off a revolutionary whirlwind in the originally boring English classroom.
The addition of foreign teachers has brought a great impact on the improvement and optimization of the long-standing translation teaching method in the English classroom of primary and secondary schools in our country. The teaching mode mainly based on teacher explanations has brought a great impact. Waiting has brought new vitality to the English classroom. Carefully combing, foreign teachers have an irreplaceable role in Chinese education in at least the following ten aspects:
1. Learning interest: Foreign teachers are significantly different from the Chinese in terms of appearance, and their distinctive personality characteristics are linked to English. First, they provide students with interest and curiosity in English learning. The face value is also a kind of capital.
2. Teaching methods: Foreign teachers mostly adopt student-centered teaching methods to get along with students on an equal footing. Without our traditional image of “teacher dignity”, it is beneficial to gain student recognition. In order to pursue equal communication with students, some foreign teachers squatted down or even kneeled down while talking with students, so that their eyes could look up at the students’ eyes. This gave Chinese students and teachers a great visual impact.
3. Foreign teacher pronunciation: Foreign teachers usually come from a country where English is the native language or English is the official language. Generally speaking, the pronunciation is relatively standard, and it is more in line with the pronunciation characteristics and pronunciation habits of English. These are unmatched by most Chinese teachers.
4. Body language: Although foreign teachers do not use Chinese very much in teaching, they are generally good at using body movements and exaggerated expressions, giving students an immersive mood, allowing students to focus on them without being distracted, and the West Unique humor fills the classroom with laughter.
5. Practical English: Many people have studied English for more than ten years and have never met foreigners, let alone communicate in English. The arrival of foreign teachers makes students feel that English is a practical language, not only the test scores and symbols on books, so more students can work hard to speak English and take the initiative to speak English.
6. English culture: As a messenger of international communication, foreign teachers usually bring their own culture together, so that students can experience first-hand the English festivals which can only be seen in books or movies, so as to understand English more deeply.
7. All-English environment: Foreign teachers have virtually created an all-English learning and communication environment for students, which is completely different from the time when English teachers were “full-fledged”. In the past, Chinese teachers took classes. Can’t speak a few sentences of English, even some words are explained in Chinese. Now foreign teachers can’t speak Chinese, the amount of language information that students are exposed to is quite different, stimulating the language cells of students, allowing students to learn English faster.
8. Motivate students: The foreign teachers ’own learning and life experience has opened a window for students to understand the world, inspired some students to understand the world, and ambition to move towards the world. From now on, they will set their ambitions to drive students’ overall academic performance. Children’s world often affects their lives because of little things, and the stimulating effect of foreign teachers on students can never be overestimated.
9. Promote the improvement of secondary education: Foreign teachers have brought new ideas and concepts to English teachers in schools, and effectively promoted the overall optimization and improvement of English classroom teaching effects.
10. International image: Foreign teachers “go global” for schools, effectively using international high-quality educational resources has increased the possibilities and channels, and these positive effects have a positive impact on the school’s schooling philosophy and international development.